Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Nellesen names

Hello,
I'm trying to figure out boy and girl names that sound best with the surname Nellesen. I like Ingrid Elizabeth Nellesen for a girl but my husband does not. I also like Sean, Charlie and Justin for a boy, but my husband isn't sure... What do you recommend?

Maybe instead of Ingrid, go for a similar name in style but a little more girly, like Gretta. Would you and your husband be open to European names?
Alternatives to Sean, Charlie and Justin... you could go old-school, really old-school with a name like Seamus/Shaymus. A name like Maxwell is also an old American name and has much of the same feel as Charlie, but more unused.
Let us know some of your preferences so we can develop a list for you!

General names that we think go with Nellesen:

Girls:
Nanette
Gretta
Marlowe
Darby
Amelia
Amelie
Ella (depending on how you pronounce your name)

Boys:
Ellis (again, depending on pronunciation, this may not work)
Maxwell
Emmet
Ian
Charleston
Andrew


We'll think on this further and can make a better list once we know your preferences.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Greta" only has one "t". In all my (way too many years (g)), I've never seen it spelled with two "t's".

Yes, there's one in my family, and she's Norwegian - Might go quite nicely with "Nellesen".

Angele said...

Yes Greta can be one or two "t"s... spell it however you wish.
I have an Aunt in Switzerland named Gretta.

Anonymous said...

If I am going to use those names in your list I will go for: Girl:Amelie and for boy:Andrew..